A serum with 10% Hydroxy Complex that unclogs pores, visibly reduces blemishes and helps prevent their re-appearance
Eucerin ProAcne Solution A.I. Clearing Treatment
An acid peel for acne-prone skin
The innovative Eucerin ProAcne Solution A.I. Clearing Treatment has been specially formulated to reduce the appearance of pimples, papules and pustules as well as to fade acne marks.
It is suitable for all mild to moderate forms of acne and has a triple effect:
- The 10% Hydroxy Complex contains a highly effective combination of peeling agents − Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid and Polyhydroxy Acid – which help to resurface skin, unclog pores, reduce bacteria, remove dead skin cells and prevent new blemishes from appearing
The formula also contains Licochalcone A which has been proven to reduce inflammation and help soothe irritation.
Eucerin ProAcne Solution A.I. Clearing Treatment starts to visibly improve skin after just one week, revealing clearer and smoother-looking skin over time.
Clinical and dermatological studies
Clinical and dermatological studies prove good skin tolerance and care effectiveness in blemish- and acne-prone skin.
* In a Product in Use (PIU) study 40 men and women (aged 12-44) with acne-prone skin used the product once a day (in the evening) for eight weeks. Results were assessed after one, two, four and eight weeks of use. The before and after images show the visible results after eight weeks of use.
In a self-assessment study, 80 women between the ages of 15 and 40 applied Eucerin ProAcne Solution A.I. Clearing Treatment every evening for eight weeks. They reported the following results:
- 95%: Helps to control the oiliness of skin
- 94%: Prevents new blemishes from appearing
- 94%: Reduces dark post-acne marks
- 94%: Has an anti-shine effect
- 94%: Smooths the skin’s surface
- 94%: Visibly improves skin’s appearance
- 93%: Diminishes the visibility of pores
- 88%: Visibly reduces blemishes
- 85%: Reduces whiteheads
- 83%: Reduces blackheads
- 81%: Reduces inflammatory pimples
- does not clog the pores
- lightly fragranced
How To Use
- Use once a day. Preferably in the evening.
- Apply a small amount (about the size of a pea) to a thoroughly cleansed face
- Massage gently into skin
- Avoid contact with your eyes
Tip: Try out on a small area of skin first. A slight tingling sensation may occur but, if your skin show a visible reaction, consult your dermatologist or pharmacist.
This product contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and the possibility of sunburn. As a result, we recommend you limit your exposure to the sun while using this product and for a week after. During that period, and after, be sure to apply sun protection in the morning.
If I use the serum daily when can I expect to see an improvement?
If used regularly skin will start looking better after just one week.
Can I use the serum in addition to my normal moisturiser and, if so, which should I use first?
Eucerin ProAcne Solution A.I. Clearing Treatment can be used alongside other care products such as moisturisers and anti-ageing treatments. We recommend that you use the A.I. Clearing Treatment first and in the evening.
I have both acne-prone and sensitive skin. Can I use Eucerin ProAcne A.I. Clearing Treatment?
In principle, yes. But test the product first to ensure it is well tolerated by your skin. You can do this by using a small amount on a small area of skin and leaving it on overnight. If you experience a slight stinging sensation, don’t worry − that just shows that the product is working.
I’m over 30 and would like to use something that treats wrinkles. Is this serum suitable?
Eucerin ProAcne A.I. Clearing Treatment combines very well with anti-ageing skincare. We recommend that you use it, in the evenings, alongside Eucerin Hyaluron Filler Night.
Can I use the serum alongside Benzoyl Peroxide, Antibiotics and acne treatments with retinoids?
We do not recommend using the serum while you are undergoing medical treatment for acne.
Do I need to use sun protection the day after applying this treatment?
We recommend that you use the product in the evening because its peeling effect will make your skin more sensitive to UV rays, and more prone to sunburn. And, even after evening use, it’s important you give your skin adequate protection from the sun the next day.
Why is the pH of the Eucerin ProAcne A.I. Clearing Treatment important?
The product’s pH plays an important role in its effectiveness and skin compatibility. Eucerin ProAcne A.I. Clearing Treatment has a pH of between 3.7 and 3.9. This low, mildly acidic pH is perfect for the role of this product as it increases its antibacterial effect and its ability to remove dead skin cells.
If my skin looks red in the morning should I continue using this product overnight?
If your skin appears irritated we recommend that you stop using the product. Then try reapplying the product every other day (in the evening only). If irritation persists, consult your dermatologist or pharmacist.